Hello all! I’m so glad to have you here. Today I wanted to share a brief introductory post, so you can learn a little bit more about who I am, and all those fun little details. For those who know me, this may be a total bore, or maybe I’ll even surprise you here. Sooo….lets get to it!
Lets start with the very basics..
My name is Laura, and I’m the face behind the blog! I’m a twenty something girl from the small quaint woods of Maine, currently residing in Dallas, Texas. I just recently got married to the most handsome guy, with the COOLEST ginger beard, his name is Dustin, and I’m sure I’ll be mentioning him more than a few times, so his name might be a good one to remember! We have been married since October of 2017, so really, I’m still technically a “Newlywed”. My husband is allergic to cats, but somehow we ended up with two anyway, that cuddle him fiercly each morning as he sips his coffee (he totally loves them I promise). I’m also a licensed Cosmetologist aka beauty guru; my main focus hair, skin, makeup, and nails. Whether it’s brows or balayage, I’m you’re girl. Now….the good stuff: 10 Facts to help you get to know me!
1. I’m an avid wanderer/adventure seeker. My husband and I are CONSTANTLY going on road trips, especially spontaneous ones. We absolutely love hiking, being in nature, and exploring. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not just the great outdoors I adore exploring, it’s also trying out new coffee shops, Tex-Mex restaurants, or just wandering around a new town for a few hours.
2. I’m an ACE Certified Personal Trainer / total gym rat: This January I FINALLY took my test! I had been studying for nine months and just bit the bullet. I will be honest and say it was the most lengthy, challenging exam I’ve taken in my life, but it was all worth it in the end! I’m a huge advocate for health and wellness, and striving to be the best version of yourself possible, so I knew earning a certification was the perfect option for me.
3. My husband and I decided it was time for a change, we transfered our jobs, and moved across the country to Texas, somewhere we had never visited before. We’re very spontaneous and adore change. More on this story later!
4. I’m a die hard classic rock fan, and it’s super hard to relate to my peers because of it. Almost no one in my age group adores Tom Petty, Stevie Ray Vaughn, or Eric Clapton like I do. I’m definitely an old soul, and it makes bonding with people my age a little more tricky.
5. I’m obsessed with cheese, or pasta, or really: ANYTHING WITH CHEESE. As much as I love dairy, I have to limit my consumption because it tends to mess with my skin, which makes things that much more depressing if you ask me.
6. I’m addicted to coffee, chai tea lattes, caramel machiattos, all of it… except when I’m at home I only drink black coffee. I try to drink a ton of water throughout my day, but coffee is my world somedays, and I don’t mind it one bit.
7. I planned my own wedding in four days flat, mind you: it was a destination elopement in a different state, pretty impresive right? More on this story later!
8. My dream is to own a home on the Ocean, where I can wake up early and drink coffee while sitting in the sand. The ocean is so theraputic, and one of my favorite places to escape to when I’m feeling overwhelmed.
9. I worked with Sephora for years,transferred my job to Dallas, became an assistant manager (as high as I truly wanted to go) but realized something was missing. As much as I loved my career with Sephora I took a chance, and made a career change into the health and wellness world and became a personal trainer.
10. I love reading, as well as spending hours in the bookstore. The clearance section is my favorite place to be. I’m truly addicted to reading self help books, and learning how to navigate the health/wellness world. I love a good book I can become completely lost in.