Lets be real here, if you don’t come to Texas to eat, you’re doing it wrong! Dallas especially, is chock full of culture and doesn’t have a “one sized fits all” approach when it comes to food. Ask any Dallasite, and they will tell you there is something for EVERYONE here. They even have restaurants dedicated to being GF, Vegetarian and Vegan…pretty great right? I think so! Dallas is one of the biggest cities in America, and there is no shortage of food here. My husband and I LOVE trying new restaurants, and brunch spots every so often. We definitely have our regular places (hello Velvet Taco, sponsor me already so I can eat free tacos! JK :P) But we try our hardest to branch out of the norm and try new things. Back home, I rarely EVER went out to dinner, or brunch, ect. just because everything was so far away. Now that we’re practically in the city, we have much more freedom & options. Don’t get me wrong, we don’t go out every single night, that would be insanely pricy! We tend to hit up restaurants on the weekends, maybe 1-2x weekly, whatever works with our budget at that time. I can honestly say in our time spent in Texas, we’ve branched out and practically leaped out of our comfort zone with new foods. If you want to learn about all the amazing places to eat in Dallas, whatever you’re craving, keep reading!
WHERE TO EAT IN DALLAS
1. Chuys (so good, portions are rather huge and very cheap!)
2. Mi Cocina – The margaritas are to die for!
3. Lazy Dog – They have EVERYTHING, AND you can bring your dog!
1. Velvet Taco – Dustin and I are regulars, and I mean we go much more than 2-3x a month. They have the “cleanest” tacos, with such a big variety, everything is created fresh daily…and even Bobby Flay likes the VT so it must be good, right?
2. Torchys Tacos – They even have Maine Root sodas, which definitely makes me a little homesick! I highly recommend trying a “trailer park trash” taco!
3. OMG Tacos – super cheap, but absolutely delicious!
4. Taqueria La Ventana – this place has multiple locations but we always hit up the Farmers Market- they make a mean margarita for less than $3!
1. Ten50 – they have smokers right on site, and everything smells and tastes AMAZING!
2. Pecan Lodge – you have to line up EARLY to get in, it’s one of America’s “best bbq joints”
For Italian / Pizza / Mediterranean
1. Cane Rossi – If you’re going for pizza you MUST order a “Honey Bastard” it’s not on the menu, but it’s their bestseller.
2. Zoe’s Kitchen – They have the best baked falafel I’ve ever eaten in my life!
3. Dallas Grilled Cheese Co – If you want a grilled cheese stuffed with mac n’ cheese, this place is a MUST GO.
1. Hop Doddy Burger Bar – They have “Kennebec Fries” from Maine, so that makes me happy.
2. Twisted Root Burger Co – If you want anything from a classic burger, or any type of exotic game, including gator, Twisted Root is a must!
3. Rodeo Goat – Thick, juicy burger, with an AMAZING selection of beer on tap.
For healthier options
1. Snappy Salads – Essentially a giant salad bar, they have an amazing selection of different types of salads, as well as yummy wraps.
2. H G SPLY CO. – On the more expensive side, but fresh food with a large variety of options.
3. Flower Child – This place is so bright, so fun, with several locations across Texas, they even make their own Kombucha!
What types of food do you like best in your state? Are there any restaurants in the DFW area I need to eat at? Leave your thoughts on a comment below, I’d love to hear from you!